Re: XDM init file

Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk> writes:

> I've just started using xdm rather than loggin strigh in on the console.
> One thing I have found is that instead of calling ~/.xinitrc and starting
> sawfish

xdm generally runs .xsession, xinit (startx) runs .xinitrc.  It seems
to be fairly common to symlink the two together.

> its called something else and started wmaker. Can any one tell me
> what file its called as I can't find anything with grep wmaker ~/.*

You might look through stuff in /etc/X11.  What's probably happening
is that, since you don't have ~/.xsession, the system Xsession script
runs the first of /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager and
/etc/alternatives/x-display-manager that exists, and you get
windowmaker as your system's default window manager.

	-- Abra Mitchell