Re: kernel oops playing sound -- sound now wedged

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 01:04:44AM -0400, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

> Sounds like time for "lsof" to see what is keeping the sound system
> busy.

Of course I rebooted days ago.  I did use "lsof" but aside from reporting
that various sound modules used each other, it wasn't helpful.

As for compiling mplayer myself:

1. It shouldn't be relevant to a kernel oops, and

2. I've done so, and seen no performance difference between my package and
   Christian's "k7" series.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading