Re: LVM install

Markus Kolb wrote:
On Saturday 19 July 2003 20:35, Tom Allison wrote:

I'm doing a new install from the floppies and was wondering if there
is anyway to do this with LVM on the drive?

I was thinking of something like:

/boot  ext2
swap
/root  ext3
/dev/LVM...  everything else (home, usr, var, opt, tmp)

Doing this with SuSE was easy.
Doing this with gentoo was possible.
I have No Clue on how to do this with Debian.  Are the lv
applications necessary available during the installation or do I need
something else?

I do not know any Debian installation media with support for LVM.
So I have installed just a Debian woody base with /boot ext2 16 MB
swap
/root reiserfs 200 MB
I have added the LVM utilities and created the LVM partitions after having a running base system. Then I've mounted the lvs to mountpoints like /mnt/usr, /mnt/var, /mnt/tmp, ...
next I've done a cp -aR /usr/* /mnt/usr/ and so on.
next I've deleted the contents from /usr with rm -rf /usr/* and mounted usr_lv to mountpoint /usr.

This should work for me then.
I was planning on something similar in structure.

What deb packages do you need for a basic config of LVM?

--
Unnamed Law:
	If it happens, it must be possible.