Re: Portable MP3/Ogg player supported by Debian?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Paul Johnson wrote:

> One device I'd love to see is a car stereo that supports oggs and uses a
> standard hard drive for storage.  Would make upgrading a snap.

Hi Paul,

It isn't a car stereo, but maybe the Neuros is what you want. It is a
portable MP3 player with build-in FM and optional 20GB HDD. It sports an
extra feature that enables it to send its output to a selectable FM
frequency (thus optionally to your car radio). What's even better this
company has sought and supported active participation from the open
source community, resulting among others in positron (an OSS syncing
tool for the neuros). They are also collaborating with Xiph.org to get
full ogg support (for starters). I think they recently anounced that
they had it working with the latest firmware upgrade. Reviews (found
with Google of course) are quite positive too.

The only reason why I haven't bought it myself yet is that they told me
they would have it in Europe by August. Otherwise I would already have
ordered it from their site.

Some places you might want to visit:
www.neurosaudio.com
open.neurosaudio.com