Re: Kernel 2.6.0 compiling problems

 --- Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> escribió:
> I already posted this to the kernel mailing list, but I am trying here so see
>
> if I am lucky.
>
> I have knoppix 3.2/Debian testing/stable.
>
> I used gcc 3.3 and 2.95 to compile a 2.6 kernel. I just copied the .config
> file form my previous kernel and pasted it on the new kernel src folder (my
> older kernel being a 2.4.21).  I get this at the end of make modules:

Make sure you have this package installed:

module-init-tools - tools for managing Linux kernel modules

This package contains a set of programs for loading, inserting, and
removing kernel modules for Linux (versions 2.5.48 and above). It serves
the same function that the "modutils" package serves for Linux 2.4.

It took me quite a while of search for some "Unresolved Symbols" errors before
I stumble on this fscinating tidbit of information.  It should probably be in
a README.1ST in the main kernel source directory, but they didn't ask me first.

Have fun.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es