Re: netinstall basically, well, F****D up.

> Well, maybe you could tell us what choices you make during the install,
> and how...tasksel?  dselect?  What do you choose?
>
> Otherwise a bit difficult to tell what you're doing that doesn't work...
> Please respond to the list, so others can help as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Bret

I'll give it a shot
I chose:(in order)
put root.bin, linux.bin, rescue.bin from 2.4.18-bf. in /boot/newinstall
change LILO
restart
U.K
U.k keyboard
initialise a already made swap
initialise HDA5 (thats my new dedicated root partition 2gig)
chose Ext2 (when something works well, stick with it, I say)
exit installer and reboot

go into Mandrake, extract 2.4.18-bf modules into
new root partition on HDA5,

restart installer
go to ASH insmod pegasus
network download options now work
IT downloads floppy images
IT downloads a base system, and it doesn't let me choose;
Woody with a 2.2 kernel is to hard to configure with
the pegasus network USB-->ETH connector
It brings up Dselect and then tasksel .e.t.c.
It does have a network package installed, but its to hard
to configure DHCLIENT,
I wish it worked like it does in the installer

Other stuff you might want to know,
its a broadband network connection;
in the installer It configured it by asking the NTL
DHCP server for relevent info,
in mandrake I work it by using
dhcpcd <--- Much better, and easier.

But woody uses 2.2 which is alas,crappy as is DHCLIENT,
does anyone know how to get DHCLIENT to query the NTL
DHCP server for info so I can get it working, or alternatively
get the 2.4.18-bf hard disk netinstall to download a 2.4 based
stable system, or maybe a unstable system?

===
Lars
http://www.linuxmail.org/