Re: CD-RW stops working with 2.4.20?

    "Carl" == Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> writes:

    Carl> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:09:50PM -0500, Shyamal Prasad
    Carl> wrote:
    >> I have a file /etc/modutils/cdrw with the following contents:

    Carl> Thanks.  I had just found those exact lines in the
    Carl> CD-Writing HOWTO, actually.

    Carl> What puzzles me is why they're not needed in 2.2.x but are
    Carl> with the stock Debian 2.4.20-k7 kernel.

The 2.4.x kernels are very modular and so you have to take a little
more care about how, when and in what order things are loaded. The
2.2.x kernels had a lot more built into the kernel image. The nice
thing about the 2.4.x kernels is once you figure out how the module
system works you (well, at least I) don't really need to build custom
kernels.

Cheers!
Shyamal