Re: Changing locale

To understand what was going wrong I decided to check and see if I could
edit my locales with the new installation that I'm running.
	sudo apt-get install locales
add: fr_CA (and about 6 others)
locales say they are added in the dpkg-reconfigure screens
	sudo locale-gen
gives the output:
	Generating locales...
  fr_CA.ISO-8859-1... done
  fr_CA.UTF-8... done
  fr_FR.ISO-8859-1... done
  fr_FR.UTF-8... done
  fr_FR.UTF-8@euro... done
  fr_FR.ISO-8859-15@euro... done
	Generation complete.

reboot the machine and test to see what locales are installed:
	locale -a
shows only: C and POSIX

The /etc/environment file shows only the default: LANG=C.

If I go back into:
	dpkg-reconfigure locales
all of my locales are X but they're not showing up with locale -a.

This is how I've been able to get things to work before...which means I'm
equally stumped on what the problem might be.

emma
PS I'm running unstable.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin