x-window

Hi folks,

After some trial and error, and several reconfigurations of XF86Config-4, I have X-Window working (more or less). From reboot, the login window appears, and login works. I have xconsole; the main menu appears in response to the left mouse button and sub-menu appears when the arrow is dragged to the right of a main menu item. The trouble is that due to lack of memory, I have to settle for res of 800x600, 8-bit color and none of the xfree86 modules selected. I can hardly see any characters that I key in displayed. When any of the sub-menu is activated, the screen blanks out for a moment, and the login screen re-appears. I suspect this is due to memory shortage. Anyone would like to confirm that before I rush off to acquire more SIMMs?

Anyway, thanks to all the kind folks who gave suggestions and pointers to websites.

Have a nice weekend.

Keep track of Singapore stock prices. http://www.msn.com.sg/money/