Re: XFree86 SiS driver - unofficial .debs available

David Fokkema wrote:
> I'm going to install debian on someone's laptop next week or so. It
> has a SiS card. Why should I use your drivers instead of the XFree86
> ones? What is the origin of your drivers?

I am the author and maintainer of the XFree86 SiS driver. The one I advertise is a much improved version of the (old and outdated) version contained in the official XFree packages.

If that laptop has a somewhat recent SiS chip, you will very soon know why you should install the new driver...

For detailed docs, read http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer