Re: Unkillable processes?

* Bradley M Alexander (storm@tux.org) [030717 11:08]:
> You know, I rebooted last night (it felt very MCSE-ish of me :), and got a
> kernel trap, which I didn't have time to analyze yet, but I'm inclined to
> agree. The trap is as follows. Is there any way to tell which SIMM to
> replace?

SIMMs, huh?  Ouch.  You might find once you start shopping around that
the best investment for your time and money is to replace them all,
along with that old motherboard, with something more recent.  You should
be able to find something only a few years old in the sub-$100 range.
Replacing that one SIMM will probably run you at least $20-40, plus the
time it will take you to troubleshoot it and track down which one it is.

I know, it's sad ... I'm as much of a hardware packrat as the next guy,
but sometimes you just gotta let it go. =)

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/