Re: apt-get update problem

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:10:12 +0200
"Hubert Mercier" <mercier@msi.unilim.fr> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I added entries to my sources.list, but i can't get the related packages
> :
>
> my sources.list
> --------------------------
> deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
> non-free
> deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
> contrib non-free
>
> deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib
> non-free
> deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main
> contrib non-free

OK, so you have sources from stable and testing in your sources.list . . .

> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

.. . .and you've got the security updates for stable, as well . . .

> # packages samba
> deb http://ftp.easynet.be/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Debian/ stable main

.. . .and an external source that you don't identify, and which is not
listed at apt-get.org . . .ok, so apparently it's a website run by the
samba folks, with d/l's for various distributions.

> apt-get update tells me :
>
> Hit http://ftp.easynet.be stable/main Packages
> Ign http://ftp.easynet.be stable/main Release

If you peek at their Debian repository using a web browser, you'll see
that the "Release" file isn't present.

> And i can't find samba-2.2.8a in the installable packages, which comes
> with this source.
>
> Any idea to solve this problem ?

Contact the samba folks and get them to fix this repository?  Use a
different samba d/l repository which is set up correctly, if one
exists?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)