Re: snapshots

On Wed, July 16 at 11:27 PM EDT
Tim <helycos@lycos.co.uk> wrote:

>> Any deb packages out there that will enable me to take a screenshot?
>I> don't have kde, and don't fancy installing kdelibs just to use
>> ksnapshot.  And xv doesn't appear to be packaged, which I assume is a
>> licencing issue.
>>
>> Antony
>>

>GIMP-->File-->Acquire-->screenshot

Another alternative is to install imagemagick.  Then from a commandline
import filename.jpg
this will turn your cursor to a selector and you can either click on a
window or select a region.  The image will be saved to "filename.jpg" or
if you choose a different extension a different format.

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net