RE: squid user_auth

Right. Here localusers is the acl to require passwords.

What about the following:

>acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
>acl localnetwork proxy_auth 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

remove the proxy_auth here. The config file says that a list of usernames
follows proxy_auth, unless using REQUIRED keyword.

>acl localusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
>http_access deny !localnetwork
>http_access allow localusers

insert all after allow so that it reads:

http_access allow all localusers

Ernest Johanson
Systems Administrator
Fuller Theological Seminary