Von: 'Thomas Krennwallner' [mailto:djmaecki@ull.at]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2003 16:16
An: Debian-User
Betreff: Re: bootcd questions

Hi!

On Wed Jul 16, 2003 at 03:27:42PM +0200, Yildiz, Murat wrote:
[...]
> --- WARNING ---
> Could not calculate Kernelconfig to make further checks.
> If you install a kernel from a .deb package the kernel will be named
> /boot/vmlinuz<version> and there will be a kernel config file named
> /boot/config<version>. Bootcdwrite could not find the config file and
> therefore no further kernel checks could be done. This is not critical
> but you could build your kernel with make-kpkg to solve the problem.
> Please read the FAQ to check if you have build erverything necessary in
> your kernel.
[...]
> What does the above Warning "Could not calculate Kernelconfig..." mean?

bootcdwrite tries to check the kernel configuration (usually
/boot/config-VERSION). It looks for compiled in ramdisk support, ...

Because you compiled a kernel by yourself and didn't copy the .config
file of your toplevel kernel source directory to /boot/config-VERSION
bootcdwrite pukes this warning. If you're sure you have all needed stuff
compiled into your kernel you can simply ignore this message.

> >So to make things clear: You cannot use the fresh written bootcd because
> >the {DriveReady SeekComplete Error} comes all the time?
> Yes I cannot use the fresh written bootcd because of the error above.

Did you try to replace your cdrom?

So long
Thomas

--
 .''`.  Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around. - W. R. Stevens
: :'  : Thomas Krennwallner <djmaecki at ull dot at>