Re: how to deny CTRL-ALT-DEL

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:44, Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:
> Hi, small question.
> How can i deny a CTRL-ALT-DEL when i am on the login screen ?
> This question because I have a server and some technician who had to
> work on another system had chosen the wrong keyboard !!
> So, the debian was on it's login screen ant it rebooted and I don't
> want this to happen again in the future.

In the file /etc/inittab, you will find this around line 32:
# What to do when CTRL-ALT-DEL is pressed.
ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

Comment out the second line and nothing will happen when CTRL-ALT-DEL is
pressed. You can also change it into:
ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/bin/echo "You are NOT using Windows..."

joerg
--
Gib GATES keine Chance!