Re: Booting from a floppy to install debian

Marvin Aguero wrote:

Guys,
I have decided to give debian GNU/Linux a chance. So, I downloaded the "woody" Official i386 Binary-1 image from the web and burned the CD. So far so good, the problem is that machine I am trying to install it at is quite old and doesn't boot from a CD. How can I create a boot floppy to install debian from there? Can you guys give me a hand on this? TIA, -Marvin

I _vaguely_ recall reading on this list that there's a script on the CD to make floppies, but as I say, it's a hazy recollection and could be wrong.

However, if you can boot into DOS/Win95/etc (to a "DOS-mode only") with the DOS drivers for your CD loaded, there should be a batch file on the CD, something like "install.bat" or "start.bat", which will start the installation process.

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)