Re: Installing Debian on existing winxp+rh9.0 hdd

Hi,

* sudeep mukherjee <smdeep@softhome.net> [030716 09:57]:
> Hi
>
> Extremely sorry to have messed up the Subject line.

Sorry to nit pick, but not only did you mess up the subject line you
replied to an email in a different thread (both times). In future
if you want to start a new thread please start a new email (not reply
to an existing one).

> I have a Celeron 600MHz with 40 GB Hard Disk.
>
> I already have WINXp(Sorry for this) and RH9.0. Want to install
> Debian Woody. Anypointers would be welcome.

As others have pointed out, assuming you have a CD burner, you can
download the first Debian Woody CD image (or mini CD image). Then boot
from it, do a base installation and then get the remaining packages
you need directly from the web. There is lots of good documentation at
www.debian.org.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.4.21-looxt93c2 #1 Fri Jul 11 15:43:58 JST 2003