Re: Mozilla Very Very slow in rendering

You might want to check your harddrive dma settings.
If your harddrive is set to pio then your cpu will
have to do the disk i/o instead of letting the chipset
do it.  The symptoms are when you are downloading
anything
your machine will slow to a crawl.  You can check with
hdparm -I /dev/hda and you can set it with hdparm -d1
/dev/hda.  This is a long shot but I have seen this
before.

Peace