Re: LRP scripting

El Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 11:13:38PM +0100, Shango Oluwa escribió:
> >2) I'm pretty sure LRP is off-topic for this list, however...
>

> Why? (You know _why_, but I don't)

 Maybe because LRP is not Debian related .. ;)

> >3) When you make changes to your "live" LRP filesystem, please realize
> >that these changes are only made to the ram-disk.  In order to have
> >these changes persist at next boot, you must back up the ram-disk to
> >the floppy diskette.  This is facilitated through the "lrcfg" menu.
> >Choose: "lrcfg" (if your system does not boot to the lrcfg menu) ->
> >"b" (for backup) -> either "e" (for everything except log files) or
> >"l" (everything including log files).
>
> Nah, rc_.d files are reset regardless of user backups - that's why I posted.

 That's because you create a new script, and if it is not part of any
"package" of your LRP config, it will not be copied into the backup.
 I you are making your own rc.d files, please read de documentation of
LRP about doing new packages, of if your rc.d script are "part" of
some other package, modify its *.install file in /var to the backup
script to take them into account.

 Best regards

--
  // Raúl A. Betancort Santana    /> A Dream is an answer to      __   \\