Re: Mozilla Very Very slow in rendering

Mark C wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if its me going mad, but every version of mozilla using xf
build from testing/unstable seems to render very very slow, in terms of
UI and web pages,
but on the same box under redhat mozilla loads and renders fine (just everything else in rh is slow)

Mine starts out OK, and progressively slows down.  Some sites
cause more problems than others.  An 30-40 ebay pages brings
mozilla to its knees, but I can spend hours doing web development
with no problems.  The slowdown happens in all parts of Moz, like
Mail/News.

Closing out mozilla completely and opeing it back up again speeds
things up again.

This is the same for galeon, and firebird, are there any debian specific
patches that may cause this slowdown?
I haven't checked those.  I did come across a bug in debian bug
tracker that implied the mozilla package pre-installer wasn't
cleaning out old files properly.  I tried uninstalling Moz, deleting
/usr/lib/mozilla, and reinstalling Mozilla without resolving the
problem.

FWIW, I'm runnnig 1GB DDR ram and a Athlon 1.3 Thunderbird CPU, with an
ata 100 hdd.

I've got an Athlon 1050 w/ 1.5 GB RAM and an ATA133 hdd.

I for one would like a clue.  Everything else seems like its OK.