Re: apt-cdrom add question

Hello

Wim wrote:

> I'm using apt-cdrom add to add a Debian binary-cd.
> In /etc/apt/sources.list I see:
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 _Woody_ - Official powerpc Binary-1
>  (20030109)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
>
> I'd like to use the 'stable' distribution, but I can't change
> that here.

You *are* using the stable distribution. The CDs appearing as unstable is
a known bug in both Woody r0 and r1, but it does not mean that you are
using unstable. This has been discussed on this list/in this newsgroup
the day before yesterday, see http://groups.google.com for the
discussion. Here are links to the bug reports:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=157014
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=178331

best regards
        Andreas Janssen