Re: How to set printer in debian?

Hello

James Ng Yuen Sum wrote:

> Are any tools which are responsible for the configuration of printer? I
> cannot print anything in debian. Is there any modules responsible for
> the configuration of the printer. I am using epson photo 700, but epson
> seems not providing any linux drivers.

You can find information about driver support for your printer on
linuxprinting.org:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Photo_700

If you want to setup your printer in an easy way, I recommend to install
the CUPS printing system. You can configure CUPS via web browser (on
http://localhost:631). You will need the packages cupsys and
cupsys-driver-gimpprint, installing cusys-bsd and cupsys-client is also a
good idea. If you use KDE, you will also need to install kdelibs3-cups.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen