NVIDIA - shared memory identifier

hi,
i'm having a quite curious problem: my debian box running kernel 2.4.21 with a
NVIDIA GeForece2MX TwinView card and XFree86 4.3.0 won't start X after the
installation of the nvidia driver and returns a FreeBSD specific error message. the
following are the few lines provided in a nvidia ferebsd faq:

Q: X crashes during `startx`, and my XFree86.0.log file contains this error message:

	(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to obtain a shared memory identifier.

A: The NVIDIA OpenGL driver and the NVIDIA X driver require shared memory to
communicate; you must have:

	a) SYSVSHM built into your kernel
	b) XFree86-Server-4.2.1_3 or later

   Downloading XFree86 4.2.1 from the XFree86 ftpsite is not sufficient;
   a shared memory bug in XFree86 was fixed between 4.2.1 and
   XFree86-Server-4.2.1_3.

can someone please give me a hint. thanx in advance..

*alexandru