Re: Radeon 9000 Pro

 --- Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk> escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get XFree86 going with my Radeon 9000 Pro in Woody.

There is your problem.  The Radeon 9000 Pro is too new for that X-server.  It
is even too new for the version of the X-server in Sarge.  You can either
get a Woody backport of XFree86 4.3 (from apt-get.org) or go to unstable.

However, unstable hasn't quite received the 4.3 version of XFree86 and the 3D
is broken for Radeon cards.

>From the X Strike Force page (http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/):

[30 May] XFree86 4.2.1-7 has been accepted into Debian unstable. Plans change.
It had not been my intention to release another revision of 4.2.1 at all, but
LaMont Jones persuaded me to due to problems building KDE on some architectures
due to the absence of a libxkbfile_pic.a file. This release also fixes several
outstanding issues, of course. I expect this release to continue to have Int10
problems on the IA-64 architecture, and for the Radeon 3D acceleration to
continue to be broken due to GCC 3.2 issues. XFree86 4.3.0 should resolve these
issues, and packaging of XFree86 4.3.0 is underway. Progress on its development
can be scrutinized at the Debian X Strike Force Subversion repository.

HTH,

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es