Woody and 1403TX router

Hi,
i got a strange problem after installing system again with an XFS root
(I'm sure the XFS is not the problem).

I have a Level One 1403TX router that connects a couple of machines to
the cable modem, or at least used to.

Before, I had a number of GNU/Debian machines (Potato installs), working
just fine (Viao laptop, Sun and ia32). After my re-install and
compilation of a custom kernel, I cannot connect to the internet throught
the router.

I can connect from my machine to any other machine in the network
(switch chipset I assume), I can connect with other machines to the
internet and, using portforwarding, I can connect from outside, through
the router to the machine in question and I can connect with the machine
directly via the cablemodem (not using the router).

I tried different duplex settings on the 3c59x module, no change.

00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX
[Cyclone] (rev 30)

Anyone got a clue as what might be going on?

--
	greetz, marc

     Key fingerprint = 890C E47F 1589 F240 9CC8  C60C 510A 63D3 D356 2DE1
Linux scorpius 2.4.20-xfs-v4l2 #2 Sat Mar 8 19:17:24 CET 2003 GNU/Linux