Re: Palm Zire 71 & Debian

On Friday 11 July 2003 14:50, Christophe Courtois wrote:
On Friday 11 July 2003 14:50, Christophe Courtois wrote:
>  Hi,
>  Trying to mix Debian and Palm. If someone did succeed with a Zire 71, I'd
> have a few questions for him...
>  Thanks !

When my wife gets home with her Zire 71, I'll check it and see if it works.
My daughter's plain cheapy Zire m150 syncs just fine with Debian Woody.  She
hasn't tried to install any software with it.  I would hope that the
protocols for the two are the same.

There is a proper sequence of events that must occur for syncing to work.
Once you do it right once, it works every time.  I did have to compile a
kernel with all the proper usb modules loaded.  ( I do monolithic rather than
modular.)

--

Stewart Jenkins...