DNS for small network with internet connection

Hi group,

I thought I had it all worked out, sort of, :-/

There must be an easy solution to this...

Currently, I use dhcp and dnsmasq to serve my local LAN. Very, very
easy to set up and it works as a charm. I use dhcp-client to acquire an
IP addres for the internet, which then rewrites /etc/resolv.conf to
incorporate the name servers for the internet.

My problem is that my server has no idea what the internal LAN is all
about: its nameservers are the ones provided by my ISP. If I add my
local dns server (dnsmasq) to /etc/resolv.conf, it is overwritten the
next time the lease is renewed. Telling dhclient.conf to _not_ write to
/etc/resolv.conf will not update my nameservers for the internet, so
there must be another way, I think.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
David