nvnet module not working after kernel (and module) recompile

Hi all,

I upgraded from 2.4.20 --> 2.4.21, so far my nvidia.o (video driver) module is working.
Although, I did make && make install for my nvnet (onboard LAN adapter driver) module.
I added nvnet to /etc/modules , added "alias eth0 nvnet" to /etc/modules.conf, and rebooted..

My settings are correct in /etc/networking/interfaces, as these are the same settings i used before the kernel
upgrade. After the reboot, lsmod shows nvnet is running.. but it seems when i try to run "ifconfig", it just appears
to lock up. tryinging to ping a box on my LAN fails, too.

What I explained what i did above is what it says in the README for my nforce2 motherboard linux drivers.. This, I'm pretty sure, is how I did it last time.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

SYNeR