Re: Need help getting sound working

Hello

Paul E Condon wrote:

> I'm trying to get sound working on my Woody computer. I have some
> confidence that the hardware is correctly installed because the
> computer plays the ogg vorbis files that are provided with
> Knoppix, but only with the software on the Knoppix demo disk.

Maybe it is not a driver problem, but a permission problem. Please check
if the user is included in the "audio" group, as users not in this group
are not allowed to use sound.

> Bigger question: I'm trying to get sound working using xmms because
> that is what is used by Knoppix and it worked there, but is there a
> better choise for use in Woody?

I think xmms is the best music player. There are however also other
programs available, like noatun and kscd (cd player). Just try them out.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen