Re: Trouble getting uml networking going.

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 12:29:55 -0400, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> said:

> uml-utilities installs uml-net setuid root and only executable by a
> privileged group.  If you want to use preconfigured tap, you can
> dpkg-statoverride it to be not setuid and executable by everyone.

	Thanks. The permissions were indeed the issue. Once I added
 myself tothe group, it all worked well.

> Now that persistent tap devices are becoming more common, perhaps I
> should reconsider this default.  Feedback is welcome.

	Well, I don't quite understand the seqience of events here to
 comment. Where does umn_net get invoked from? If there is a
 preconfigured tap, and I am in the group uml_net, would things work
 still?

	manoj
--
There can be no twisted thought without a twisted molecule. Gerard