Re: Shell problem!! I'm going crazy!

Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
Hello!

When I do "cat *" in my homedirectory I get
the following error message

cat: okänd flagga "--exclude"
Försök med "cat --help" för mer information.

In english something like
cat: unknow flag "--exclude"
Try "cat --help" for more information.
If I "cd .." and "cat mydir/*" it works and the contents of all files is
listed. I get the same result if with any terminal and even console. I
have also tried bash and tcsh with the same result.

I have no idea what this is!!

looks like there is a file called '--exclude' in the directory, cat considers it a switch.

cat -- * might work (not sure if it works with cat but -- usually means that the rest of command line are not options)

  the other option is to try: find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 cat

	erik