Re: OT: which scanner should I choose?

Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> [2003-07-10 12:27]:
> I'm thinking, how is a scsi scanner plugged in, I
> don't really see how that works; I know how the
> windows only agfa snapscan 1212p is done, but... that
> p is for paralell right? The HP Scanjet 5100C paralell
> A4 might be an alternative right ?
>
> I didn't really find that resolution to be honest
> where is a link to such product info?

SCSI scanner are accessed via their SCSI-generic device.  This has
been working quite easily.  At boot-up of the computer, the SCSI bus
is scanned by the controller.  The respective devices must be
configured.

Other helpful tools are
scsi_add
scsinfo

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |