XFS + big IDE drive on woody : need help

Hello,

I need to have together : XFS on all file system and big IDE drive.
what I want to do is to add on the IDE bus 2 disks of 250 giga each.
     the BIOS sees the correct size of the disk.

the PROBLEM is that, when booted,
   I cannot see the whole size of the disk :
     limit to the 137 gigas [ in fact 128 GIgas = 2^37 ].

Is there an option in the xconfig step [woody 2.4.18] that
I should set to enable ATA/133 [big IDE drive] ?
If not, what are the best suggestion :

 -  compile 2.4.20 kernel plus kernel-patch-xfs for 2.4.18 [seems odd %(]
 -  update debian including testing distro
 -  forget 250 giga disk for a while [ until sarge come out as stable ?]

 -  other suggestion...

______________________
what is fine so far :
I run a woody 2.4.18 , on Athlon 1800+.
I have xfs on all file system,
   [ system is on SCSI, data are on RAID
   device attached through fiber channel, up to 1.2 terabyte ], with
   almost no problem ]

______________
a suggestion :
I was told to upgrade to 2.4.20 kernel, including the kerner-patch-xfs
   for that kernel : this almost means to upgrade to testing,
   including "libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1)" from the depends showed at
http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/kernel-patch-xfs.html
this is for me an akward step : the machine is a server not a test
machine...

         thank you.
Gilles MISSONNIER - Projet Terapix
phone : [33] 01 44 32 81 36