Re: CUPS in Woody, problem with command enable?

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 12:16:53PM +0200, Qian Gong wrote:
> I installed CUPS under woody. Configuration works well under Mozilla.
> But the command "enable" always fails, as shown below.
>
> enable fp
> bash: enable: fp: not a shell builtin

enable is a built-in command in bash. CUPS' choice of command name here
was somewhat unwise.

$ help enable
enable: enable [-pnds] [-a] [-f filename] [name ...]
    Enable and disable builtin shell commands.  This allows
    you to use a disk command which has the same name as a shell
    builtin without specifying a full pathname.  If -n is used, the
    NAMEs become disabled; otherwise NAMEs are enabled.  For example,
    to use the `test' found in $PATH instead of the shell builtin
    version, type `enable -n test'.  On systems supporting dynamic
    shared object FILENAME.  The -d option will delete a builtin
    previously loaded with -f.  If no non-option names are given, or
    the -p option is supplied, a list of builtins is printed.  The
    -a option means to print every builtin with an indication of whether
    or not it is enabled.  The -s option restricts the output to the POSIX.2
    `special' builtins.  The -n option displays a list of all disabled builtins.

Try '/usr/bin/enable' or (I think) 'cupsenable' instead.

Cheers,