Re: How "unstable" is unstable?

[20030706] Neal Lippman (nl@lippman.org) wrote:

> I'm wondering, from those running sid, just how "unstable" is it at the
> present time?

I use it in 10 workstations in a production environment without
problems so far, however I wouldn't suggest to put in a
production server, where high-availability is demanded.

> The reason I am asking is that I would like to move on to KDE 3 and am
> feeling behind the times, still using KDE 2.1 in woody. I've been
> reluctant to track sid since I do need my workstation to be up and
> working pretty well, so I'd be interested in hearing from some who are
> using unstable regularly.

Make sure to check the kde section in wiki.debian.net before
installing it, since kde's deps are semi-broken at the moment.

--
Manolis Tzanidakis
(mtzanidakis-at-freemail-dot-gr)