Re: Silly kernel module question

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 10:15, JZidar wrote:
> Must I load all the modules I need every time I start-up my computer or they
> remain loaded somehow?
>
> I've gone through the module-howto, but there was no word about it.

Place the named of the modules you want loaded at boot in the file
/etc/modules. They will get loaded automatically at boot then.

Example (my /etc/modules)

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

ipv6
8139too
usbmouse
mousedev
snd
snd-cmipci
snd-pcm-oss
ehci-hcd
vmmon
# I2C adapter drivers
i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
sis5595
it87

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT