Re: Can't dialup, possible DNS problem

Basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Use traceroute or tcptracroute to a known IP address.  Make sure
your internet connection is really alive.  If not, you have other
problems...

2. Make sure your nameservers are where you think they are.  Try
doing:

	host www.debian.org <nameserver-ip>

3. After dialing up, check your /etc/resolv.conf file and make sure it
has the right IP address (the one that got successful results in step #2)