Re: configuring start options of X

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I remember beeing asked about where should be able to start X and its nice
> level from debconf... I reconfigured many packs now i did't find the right
> one... Can someone tell me the correct package?
>
> Is there in general a method to find out wich package configures what?

I usually look first in 'man <package-name>.  This will often say if there
is a method for configuring.  Another place to look is in
/usr/share/doc/<package-name>. The README.Debian gives Debian specific
information.  Another possibility is 'apropos <package-name>' which lists
not only the manpage, but related packages. For example 'apropos grub' will
give the packages that install grub, etc.  There is also
'info <package-name' for some packages.  And then there are searches at
www.google.com/linux and http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
where you can stick '*debian* in the group block and get archived newsgroup
posts on the topic.

Anita