Re: Where to set moz GUI font?

> Thanks to Benedict Verheyen and Andrew Schulman for their answers.
> I wonder what I am doing wrong, because both methods work only
> partially in my case (Sarge system + mozilla from Sid!). The
> results were as follows:
>
> a) the .gtkrc approach: this changes the fonts in, e.g.,
>    gtk-gnutella, but has no effect on mozilla 1.3.
> b) the userChrome.css approach: this changes the font-size in
>    mozilla alright, but not the font-family. The font-family (in
>    moz 1.3) is determined by the setting in Edit/Preferences/
>    Appearance/Fonts, and then whatever is selected as
>    "Proportional". So if I select "proportional=sans-serif",
>    and "sans-serif=trebuchet", then the GUI font becomes
>    trebuchet.
>
> So, there seems to be some mix-up in moz 1.3 between the "GUI" and
> the "content". Is this a bug? Am I the only one to experience his?

No, I've never seen this happen.  In content, the "!important" flag is
supposed to make its setting override page-specific settings.  In chrome,
I'm not sure what other settings there are to override, but there may be
some somewhere.  Or, maybe you have a syntax error (hidden character?)
in that line which is causing Moz to ignore it.  Anyway I don't know why
content settings would affect chrome.

A CSS debug mode could show you which settings are applied from which
files in what order.  But if there is such a mode, I'm not aware of it.

For a few other ideas about chrome settings, see http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html.

Sorry.  Good luck.
Andrew.

--
To reply by e-mail, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"