Re: How do you creat an alias in postfix.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 03:28:37PM -0500, Marino Fernandez wrote:
[...]

| > Run "postmap /etc/postfix/aliases" and "postfix reload".
| >
| An I get this:
|
| Marino@lifebook:~$ sudo postmap /etc/postfix/aliases
| postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/aliases, line 1: record is in "key: value"
| format; is this an alias file?

postmap doesn't work on alias files.  Instead use either 'newaliases'
or 'postalias'.  Read the manpages for details on them.

| File that by the way I created with a text editor,

That's fine.  Just be sure you put it in the right place.  You will
know what the right place is by reading main.cf (look for
'alias_databases').

-D

--
The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the Lord.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/