Re: gnome-vfs-sftp

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 02:57, Oki DZ wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:49:52PM -0400, Mark Roach wrote:
> > It does work in nautilus, however you seem to need passwordless rsa
> > authentication setup beforehand,
>
> Hey, it works now; great.

Passwordless RSA isn't "required", all that is required is that a
passphrase/password will not be asked.  Either create some
passphraseless keys, or run ssh-add to add your passphrase to the cache.

If ssh-agent is available, X is automatically ran inside it, so you just
have to run ssh-add once to add your passphrases.

> BTW, the other day I ran remote nautilus and local nautilus.
> File drag&drop didn't work between them. Was it Gnome2's expected
> behaviour?

Yes. Nautilus should notice that the machine names in the URLs to be
copied are different, and give a better error message than "file not
found".  I poked the Nautilus maintainer about this at GUADEC last
week.  It can't copy the files as remote X doesn't have a file transfer
mechanism.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com