Worked around (dirty...) How to apply no-debianized kernel patch to debianized kernel-source?

On Friday 27 June 2003 13:57, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> I (like many others in the last few days) have a problem with kernel
> 2.4.21. I have downloaded the kernel-source-2.4.21 deb, and want to
> apply the acpi patch from acpi.sf.net to it. So here we go:
>
> jorg@btb8x1:/usr/src/linux$ zcat ../acpi-20030619-2.4.21.diff.gz |
> patch -p1 patching file arch/i386/config.in
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
> # loads of files produced or patched OK, but also some errors.
>
> No matter which option I choose, I cannot apply the acpi patch to the
> debian kernel-source. Or, when forced, compile fails (surprise,
> surprise). Unfortunately I am no programmer and can't look into the
> source and fix the problems myself. Is there a chance to get acpi
> working on debian kernel-source, or will I have to switch to a
> kernel.org source-tree?

I have downloaded the kernel.org source, applied the ACPI patch, then
downloaded the debian diff.gz and applied it (a few warnings only).
Then I had to rm -rf debian/ in the kernel source dir, make menuconfig
and make-kpkg kernel-image. Voila, running kernel 2.4.21 with acpi AND
debian patch...

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!