Re: emu10k1 WILL NOT load!

On Sat, June 28 at  1:47 PM EDT
mduffy@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu wrote:

> My sound card is a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy MP3 and so the
> corresponding driver should be emu10k1. I am running a 2.4.9 kernel
> and have tried compiling the driver module directly into the kernel
> with no luck.

The kernel version I think has a little less configurability but on my
machine works without problems.  Maybe you need to disable/enable
PNP support for it to be "detected".  Here are the sound options enabled
in my kernel config for kernel 2.4.20.
#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_SOUND_EMU10K1=y
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=y
CONFIG_SOUND_TRACEINIT=y
CONFIG_SOUND_DMAP=y
CONFIG_SOUND_VMIDI=y

That's it.  Sorry I can't offer advice with modules.

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0