ext3 and Kernel 2.4.18

Hi All,

I am running debian (woody) with the standard kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs which
was installed when I installed debian.

>From looking through the modules dir for the kernel it looks like it loads
ext3 as a module.

I want to run my main file system as ext3 and have already converted it to
ext3 and update the fstab file, but whenever I boot the system it loads the
root fs as ext2, so it is this that makes me things that ext3 is not
compiled into the kernel.

So I am asking how do I get the kernel so that ext3 is installed in. Is
there anyway to do this through apt-get?

Thanks,

Adam

---