Making Xitami Start Automatically

Okay folks, here's one I can't solve no matter what. I've even used a kazillion search engines to locate a hint.

I downloaded and built Xitami 2.5b4 using their build script. The server runs flawlessly if I do switch to the directory for it and run:

xitami -s

I read everything I could about starting it up, replacing apache's start up config in /etc/init.d and /etc/rc2.d with my own (not exactly replace, used S95 vice S91).

When I use init or reboot, the error comes up, "command not found".

It's installed in /xitami - xitami in /etc/init.d is simply:

cd /xitami
xitami -s

The symbolic link in /etc/init.d/rc2.d for /etc/init.d/xitami is S95xitami (instead of S91).

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? I really don't want to log in and start it manually each time!

TIA

Richard