Re: How to make the debian system shut down with power off?

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 02:04:08PM +0800, James Ng Yuen Sum wrote:
> I have installed the debian system several times. In the first time,
> after the installation, the computer can shut down automatically.(that
> means the computer can shut down with the power off automatically when
> you switch "shut down the computer" in the kdm.
>
> However, in the second time, the computer cannot do the same jobs, so I
> want to ask how to set the computer automatically shut down with power off
>
> I have asked the same questions in www.debianhelp.org, and a viewer said
> that it has to be done by configuring the modules, but he/she cannot
> remember how to set it.

You need to load the 'apm' module.  Either select it with 'modconf' or
add the word 'apm' to end of /etc/modules on a new line.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?