Re: KDE uninstallable in unstable?

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:35:40AM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I run unstable since I upgraded a couple of days ago and I am unable to
> install the kde metapackage. After following a lot of dependencies, I
> noticed that some dependencies are not set right. For example, kuickshow
> depends on imlib2. I think that libimlib2 should do the job, but how do

No.  It needs to be rebuilt.  This shouldn't stop you using or
installing KDE, though, it just means you can't install kuickshow.  Just
install everything else the 'kde' metapackage Depends on.

> BTW, is this a known problem expected to be fixed soon? (There are more
> dependency problems, like libsensor1 instead of libsensor-1debian1 for
> ksysguardd on which kdebase depends...)

This is also a known problem, which is unfortunately not easily worked
around.  I guess you'll either have to wait for ksysguardd to be
rebuilt, or go to http://snapshot.debian.net/ and get KDE as it was a
few weeks ago, before this bug made it uninstallable.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?