Re: redumping TeX's format file(s)

Jerome writes:

Hi Jerome.

> What is `passivetex' ?

Its a TeX package for generating PDF and PS files from XSL-FO
documents.

> > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=435777].
> > \iterate ...leCount :\the \arraylength \endcsname
> >                                                   \relax \else \advance \arr...
> > l.3995 </fo:block>
> >
> > If you really absolutely need more capacity,
> > you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

> try a larger capacity, e.g,
>
> pool_size.pdfxmltex = 2500000
>
> then update, as root,
>
> update-texmf
>

> Now, try to compose your manuscript.

For some reason, update-texmf didn't do anything *but*, thanks to your
help, it did render the document quite well. Here is a summary of what
I did (as root):

1) I edited /etc/texmf/texmf.d/96passivetex.cnf and modified the
   pool_size.pdfxmltex variable as prescribed:

             % TeX uses % for comments. The next line is in the
             % original:
             % pool_size.pdfxmltex = 600000
             pool_size.pdfxmltex = 2500000

2) /usr/bin/fmtutil  --all