Re: kensington expert mouse pro

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 09:51:39PM -0400, Gregory Seidman wrote:
} I have a Kensington Expert Mouse Pro (it's a trackball), which has six
} non-mouse buttons. These are a lot like the multimedia buttons on some
} keyboards. I'd kind of like them to do something, but the USB driver
} doesn't seem to register them (cat /dev/input/mice then pressing these
} buttons gives no output; they also don't seem to give any keyboard input).
[...]

Okay, new information. Based on a recent post to the list, I loaded the
evdev module and did a cat /dev/input/event0. It worked! I get output from
the device when I press the multimedia buttons on the trackball.

Now the question is how to make X usefully aware of /dev/input/event0. Maybe
with XInput or something? Any thoughts?

--Greg